history

May 17, 1959
Organization of church
205 charter members

September 6, 1959
Rev. Francis Edwards installed

May 21, 1961
Church construction ground breaking

October 29, 1961
First service in new sanctuary

June 1, 1966
Rev. Paul W. Bergstresser installed

June 10, 1984
25th anniversary celebration

August 2007
Rev. Charles Miller installed as interim

May 31, 2009
50th anniversary celebration

October 2009
Rev. Robert L. Cosmas installed

About Pic

This congregation began as United Lutheran Congregation of East Orlando under the pastoral care of Rev. Francis Edwards. At first, services were held in members' homes. When the congregation grew, services were moved to the Fern Creek Armory.

The first council meeting, in April 1960, decided on the name Reformation Lutheran.

Neil Schweizer, architecht, was hired to design the building. His innovative concept was for the building to be ark-like. The shape of the building and the wood bring his concept to life; however, he also integrated stained glass windows and glass and brick walls. The church is covered in crosses - on the interior and exterior walls, in the stained glas and in other decorations - which clearly embodies our theology.